IT / System Administrator
Reports to: Controller
Location: Lubbock, Tx
Manages and supports company efforts in the areas of technology-related product/service selection, set-up and support in order to assist employees in efficiently completing work. Troubleshoots technological issues as they arise including but not necessarily limited to computers, printers, scanners, phone systems, signature pads, network equipment and mobile devices. Assists with software installation, configuration and security.
- Maintains IT asset information to ensure appropriate lifecycle management
- Works with appropriate personnel to establish and adhere to annual IT budget
- Coordinates purchasing new technology solutions including computers, servers, cell phones, software, etc.
- Develops and enforces policies to allow for the most cost-effective use of existing solutions
- Maintains knowledge of current technology and stay abreast of new technological advancements in order to provide cost effective solutions for the company
- Maintains administration of all user IDs and passwords, grants clearance to systems and applications as appropriate
- Safeguards dealership technology systems through items such as acceptable use, password, and network access policies
- Safeguards data by assuring timely back-ups and processing
- Installs all software, vendor, and pricing updates on all systems and coordinates the installation and set-up of all new equipment
- Provides IT support to ~130 employees in all locations by prioritizing, troubleshooting and resolving problems quickly
- Escalates technology installation and support issues to appropriate dealership, partner, and vendor personnel as appropriate.
- Other duties as deemed necessary during progression of employment
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 5+ years’ experience in information technology management
- Strong communication skills with ability to train others on technology solutions
- Occasional travel between locations will be necessary in company provided vehicle
- Experience with routers, servers, and network technology desired
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and communicate with management
- Must be physically able to perform minor lifting of equipment, climbing or crawling to install equipment and run cables and occasionally long periods of time sitting at a workstation
- Experience with network and telephone technology desired
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, organized
- Must be willing to travel to company locations
- Familiar with John Deere software and technology desired
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience required
- $20.00 @ hour, Time and half over 40 hours. Benefits after 60 days.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 /hour
- Information Technology: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)