The slogan “Nothing Runs Like a Deere” certainly rings true during the cotton harvest in West Texas. And nothing runs quite like a John Deere CS690 cotton stripper.
A truly vital piece of equipment in the cotton industry, the CS690 has many features that set it apart from other cotton strippers. Here’s a look at some of its many highlights.
One of the most important features on the CS690 is its ability to generate round modules that greatly increase a farmer’s flexibility and efficiency. There are several advantages, including:
- The CS690’s Frontier Round Module Handler allows for staging during or after harvest – whatever is more convenient for pickup. Standard module trucks or flatbed semi-trailers can move round modules from the field after staging. Four round modules fit easily in a standard module truck, while a flatbed trailer can handle six round modules.
- The amount of lost cotton is minimized because round modules come fully wrapped. Unlike traditional modules, wrapped modules stay dry when on the ground. The compact, round module design reduces degradation.
- One of the key advantages to the round baler system is, one-man operation. What used to require 4-5 people can now be accomplished with one full-time person and one part-time helper.
- There’s also a Z-Lock dual tail-adhesive system that tapers the end of the wrap to keep the module secure in high winds and rain.
- A moisture sensor continually monitors the moisture of the seed cotton during the round module forming process.
Round Module Weighing
A new feature for 2017 CS690 harvesters is round module weighing. You’ll get real-time feedback on module weight during your harvest, as well as easier yield monitor calibration. The weighing process begins when the round module is ejected from the module builder onto the handler. The CS690’s CommandCenter displays the module’s weight as the handle automatically moves to the carry position.
Enough Power For Demanding Conditions
With a 500 hp John Deere Final Tier 4 engine, the CS690 packs enough power to harvest in even the most demanding conditions. Better yet, you’ll only have to fill the CS690’s diesel engine once a day thanks to a 270-gallon tank.
If you’re moving from one field to the next, you’re able to switch from transport mode to harvest mode in approximately one minute.
Other Features & Benefits of the CS690
There are many other features and benefits of the CS690, including:
- The CS690’s onboard RMB enables non-stop harvesting.
- Its John Deere PowerTech PSS Final Tier engine delivers 500 hp at 2100 rpm with an additional 30 hp boost.
- The CommandCenter’s color touchscreen display provides easy to navigate machine information.
- The CS690’s ProDrive transmission includes Dial-a-Speed cruise control and efficient push button shifting.